A trunk box, pencil case, or totebag are super for storing any of the following:
1. magnifying glass (to search for fingerprints and other clues)
2. flashlight (for those spooky investigations at night or in the dark)
3. notebook, pen, and pencil (for writing down clues and interviewing suspects)
4. small envelopes and plastic bags (for collecting evidence)
5. tape measure (for measuring footprints and other clues)
6. tweezers (for collecting small scraps of evidence)
7. talcum powder and graphite/pencil lead sanded into fine grains, or black eyeshadow (for dusting fingerprints)
8. finger print brush/make-up brush (for dusting fingerprints with your talcum or graphite)
9. clear roll of tape and black/white paper squares (for lifting and organizing fingerprints)
10. scissors (for cutting tape and other detective tasks)
11. disposable or Polaroid camera (for taking crime scene photos)
12. blank index cards and black sharpie marker (for identifying each photo with a number--place in scene, then take picture)
13. latex or plastic gloves (so you won't leave any fingerprints behind!)
14. binoculars (for spying from afar)
15. compass (so you won't get lost while sleuthing)
Use the clip art section of this website to print images to decorate your kit.
Try out these Nancy Drew: Girl Detective® theme recipes based on the first few books:
Hannah's Banana Bread
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sweet milk
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1. Cream shortening and sugar, add beaten egg, mashed bananas and milk.
2. Add dry ingredients and nuts alternatively. Bake in greased loaf pan, 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Zucchini Bread - Vanishes Without a Trace!
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups zucchini (shredded)
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together, liquids first, then add dry ingredients.
2. Bake in two, greased and floured, loaf pans for 1 hour at 350 degrees.